Wednesday 29 February 2012

28 Feb 2012 - Alice Cooper's long history

I was listening to the radio in my car on the way home the other night and the hosts of the radio show were talking about great comebacks in music history. One of the comebacks that was mentioned was that of Alice Cooper in 1989 after the release of the album Trash, which featured the song 'Poison'. This surprised me, I think the first time that I really discovered Alice Cooper was from the Wayne's World movie. I had known of him and his music before this, but never really put the two together (I was ten when Wayne's World was released in 1992). So from this I had always assumed that his comeback was in fact his first coming, I hadn't realised that all his music prior to that had actually been from the late sixties and the seventies. Also that he had taken a break from music in the early eighties to be a full time father. For instance I knew that he sang the song 'Schools Out', but had always assumed must have come out in the late eighties or early nineties when it was actually released in 1972!

Now I know what many of you are thinking, "how could you not know this?" I agree, it seems pretty strange that I am only learning this at the age of 29. I guess I had just not given it much thought, having never actually owned one of his albums, I must have always assumed that there was this awesome album that he released in the late eighties that contained all his songs, and that was an amazing first album! I think it really highlights how if you never investigate a topic, often your assumptions just keep applying until the true facts are revealed. However, discovering this fact about Alice Copper has started me wondering how many other facts there are of which I am unaware, due to my assumption that nothing of note happened prior to my birth!

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard Alice Coopers songs but now when you have given out so much information, I would definitely listen to the songs. I love old music, thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete